11 years, 40+ communities, 3 countries, one cause.
The London Abused Women’s Centre has experienced a 28% increase in service demand since the outbreak of COVID-19.
The pandemic has forced many women and girls to remain isolated in their homes with their abusers or traffickers. Join the Shine the Light on Woman Abuse campaign and illuminate your home and work place purple to send a message of hope. If you believe a woman or girl is unsafe speak to her directly. Call 911 if you hear or see anything that leads you to believe women and girls are unsafe.
2020 Shine the Light on Woman Abuse Campaign Honouree
“This campaign has given me the opportunity to be a survivor-leader, where I can give a voice to other women and girls & encourage them to reach out to LAWC for help when they need it,” – Olivea Beadle
Paint Your Community Purple
- Wear Purple on Friday, November 13th
- Put a purple light bulb or purple string lights on your front porch and/or in your windows. (Contact your local hardware store for purple string lights or search for products online)
- Hang a Shine the Light on Woman Abuse Campaign Poster at your workplace
- Use your voice to talk about ending men’s violence against women
- Use the power of social media to show your support using the hashtag #ShineTheLight
- Follow us on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Ask your city to turn local landmarks purple for the month of November
Register your Campaign
Bring the Shine the Light on Woman Abuse campaign to your community and create change now! Adopting the campaign is easy and completely free. To ensure that we move forward as a united front we have developed some simple campaign guidelines. Before you register your campaign below please click here to read the campaign guidelines.
Purchase purple merchandise!
All proceeds go toward providing front-line service to abused women in our community.
To purchase Shine the Light on Woman Abuse Campaign Merchandise contact 519-432-2204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to COVID-19 we are unable to offer a pop-up shop this year
Susan Warren Financial Planning
Prime Management Group
Unifor Local 6005