The London Abused Women’s Centre Seeks Experienced Board Members
Serving London and Middlesex for 36 years, the London Abused Women’s Centre is a feminist agency providing free counselling, advocacy and support in a safe, non-crisis, non-residential environment to women abused by their intimate partners.
The agency strives to end male violence against women in all its forms including in intimate relationships; prostitution, trafficking and sexual exploitation; sexual violence; and workplace harassment.
The London Abused Women’s Centre (LAWC) seeks individuals with experience working within a feminist, governance model to serve on the Board.
Specifics Qualifications Required:
The Board is currently recruiting members with the following experience:
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Public and Media Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Legal (Family, Criminal and/or Employment)
Time Commitments Required:
- Board meeting: 3rd Wednesday of each month between 5:30pm and 7:30pm
- Task force and short-term committee work is needed from time-to-time
- All Board members are invited to put their names forward for the Executive Committee which meets in advance of each Board meeting.
Contact Sarah Lehman prior to November 16, 2018 at email@example.com or 519-432-2204